Thursday, November 13, 2008

Off to a good start

This week is going pretty well, I think. I committed to doing better this week, and I fell like I have stuck to that.
I have had no diet coke this week, despite massive headaches at the beginning of "detox", I have slept better, and not having coffee (even decaf) makes me feel lighter.
From the food front, I have made good choices this week, and still have 28 of my "weekly" WW points left. (You get 35 each week, in addition to daily points--the plan works! See weightwatchers.com for more info.)
I also got my behind on the treadmill Tuesday, for 30 minutes, and plan to again today. (Which should be easier to do, since I'm at home with a sick kid!) That will fulfill my two times this week goal.
What I am a little concerned about is Friday and Saturday. Friday, we are supposed to go out for dinner, to a new restaurant, and I'm just not sure I'm ready to do that yet. I think I'll suggest to Greg that we change plans, and go somewhere like Panera or Chipoltle instead. Maybe Panera, and then I can have a treat at the movie? (James Bond coming out Friday----can't wait to see it!)
Then, on Saturday, we're having "Fakesgiving" at my parents' house. We'll be in Lexington for Thanksgiving this year, and I think my sister has to work, so we're getting the immediate family together. I'm excited to see everyone, since school keeps me from getting up to see Mom and Dad as often as I should, but we're eating together. They want pizza, and that is my number 1 weakness! I plan on bringing my own food, or getting something different, but I know I can't be good both Friday AND Saturday!
Anyway, I'm going to ask Greg to take some pictures of me this weekend so that I can post a "before" before I'm an after. And I WILL be an after.

No comments: